TDK SA-XG - 1986 - US
TDKs best, double coated Type 2, from possibly their best year. Only the phenomenal SA-XS and the ultra rare SA-XG better this, as far as their high bias tapes go.
Beautiful shell and great tape make this an ultra classic. This cassette is 100% box-fresh Perfect.
NOTE: Up to 4 available, but only 1 at a time (WITH CONDITIONS! See Below).
If you do not meet these conditions, your order will be cancelled and refunded!! Sorry Ladies and Gentlemen!
PLEASE READ THIS!
This tape is offered here on CassetteComeback at $174.95 USD with two conditions:
(1) You will have to purchase any other 4 cassettes (any type, and with a minimum total combined value of $25.00).
(2) You cannot use any points from your Loyalty points account for this purchase, but you will still be awarded new loyalty points based on the entire value of your purchase that you can use for your next purchase.
If you subscribe to our Loyalty program and have attained GOLD STATUS, you can have it for $144.95 USD upon meeting the following conditions:
(1) Here's the Catch! You will need to buy a minimum of twelve (12) Type I cassettes with a minimum total combined value of $40.00 plus you will have to add this SA-XG tape in the same order for listed amount of $174.95 USD.
(2) After you have received the order, you will get a $30.00 USD credit to be applied to your credit card (or PayPal account). However, you will be requested to confirm having received the order, and stating that everything has arrived in good condition (if that is the case, obviously).
(3) Just like Choice A, Loyalty Points will be awarded as usual for the entire value of your order, thus putting you closer to another 12% discount on your next order(s).
(4) However, under Choice B, you are allowed to use your current loyalty discounts and the additional discount of $30 together, to bring the actual cost this tape to you for as low as $123.95, if you use your 12% Discount!
(5) If you have any questions about these conditions, please email them through this site's email page. Thank you!
Note from CassetteComeback: This is an experiment to find a way to offer some of these more "elusive" tapes at lower prices than those offered on the well known auction sites. If this works, watch for many more to be added here. If it does not work, then as the old saying goes... "If you can't beat them, join them!".
TDK was founded in Tokyo, Japan, on 7 December 1935 to manufacture the iron-based magnetic material ferrite, which had been recently invented by Yogoro Kato and Takeshi Takei. In 1952 and 1957 they began production of magnetic tapes, with compact cassette tapes following in 1966; it is for these that the company is most widely noted. TDK used to manufacture an extensive portfolio of magnetic and optical media, including several formats of videotape and blank CD-R and recordable DVD discs until the recording business was sold to Imation in 2007.
Since 1997 TDK has gradually withdrawn from the production of compact cassettes. First with the MA-X and AR ("Acoustic Response"), then the AD ("Acoustic Dynamic") and SA-X line in 2001 and 2002 respectively, then the MA ("Metal Alloy") line in 2004. The SA ("Super Avilyn") and D ("Dynamic") lines were withdrawn in 2012 under Imation ownership. Industry trends see the company moving into new forms of media; in 2004 TDK was the first media manufacturer to join the companies developing BD post-DVD technology. TDK operated a semiconductor division in California for about a decade, but divested it in 2005.
In late 2007, Imation acquired TDK's recording business, including flash media, optical media, magnetic tape, and accessories, for $300 million. This also included a license to use the "TDK Life on Record" brand on data storage and audio products for 25 years. In September 2015, Imation announced that it had agreed to relinquish this license and would cease selling TDK-branded products by the end of the year.
TDK SA-XG - 1986 - US