Pyral Superferrite - 1970s - EU
A Type 3 that can be recorded as a Type 1 too.
I was surprised by how good they sounded...
PLEASE NOTE: Type 3 are know to deteriorate. All the ones from this batch I've tested have been superb, but as these are sealed I can't test them all, so you buy as a collectible at your own risk...hence the low price for a Type 3
As of 2007, The company's primary product is perforated magnetic tape, used to record sound for movie productions. They also produce magnetic inks and slurries used in the production of magnetic stripe cards.
- Pyral was originally based in Créteil, France, but moved to the Avranches location in 1985.
- Prior to 2004, it was part of EMTEC, BASF, and Rhône-Poulenc.
- From 2004 until the acquisition by Mulann, it was an independent company.
- In 2012, Pyral acquired RMGI, a maker of analog tape used for sound recording.
- In 2015, after financial difficulties integrating RMGI, Pyral was acquired by Mulann.