Pioneer CT-9R 3-Head Cassette Deck 1982
- Auto-Reverse 3-head, cassette deck
- 4-track, 2-channel stereo
- 2 x reel motors, 1 x capstan motor
- Noise Reduction: Dolby B, C
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 19kHz (Metal tape)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 58dB
- Wow and Flutter: 0.04%
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 1.0%
- Dimensions: 420 x 130 x 320mm
- Weight: 6.5kg
Service Notes: (1) Serviced by Absolute Electronics of Toronto, August 2nd., 2022. Mechanically working as intended. Deck is performing normally with both Bias and Recording Level Calibration functions well. The deck displays some dings and some other scratches mainly on the body of the unit, things that 41 years will do to you... The face is actually very clean and free of any scratches worthy of even mentioning. The worst part is right a the top on the right side where the deck was hit several times with something sharp, yet on a rack it will go mostly unnoticed. See pictures.
(2) Prior to listing it here for sale the deck took a new service repair as the FF, REW and Play started to fail. Just repaired by Absolute Electronics March 7th., 2023 and it is playing as it should.
(3) March 9th., 2023. This just in... I just took notice the "Auto-Reverse" function has some trouble to perfectly engage correctly when prompted to play in the other direction. The head will not always sit in its proper reverse position, however it will always return correctly to its normal direction position for an absolute brilliant sound. This is a common problem with these decks. It will also play brilliantly in the opposite direction, but it seems to need some help in getting perfectly aligned most of the time, yet not always. If you're anything like me, I mostly tend to ignore the auto-reverse function, but to each his own. Let's keep in mind this deck is 41 years old. We may all want these decks to play like when they were available back in 1982, but in my case, my auto-reverse ability is also not what it used to be when I was 15. I can still run forward, but I also have more trouble running backwards properly aligned and with perfect azimuth. I think a bit of tweaking can bring the auto-reverse function to working properly, but I have put enough time into this deck.
Limited Warranty: 30 Days from the day it arrives at your house when shipped by a Carrier. You will have to cover the expense to ship it back in case you initiate a warranty claim, but re-shipping back to you will be covered by CassetteComeback at no added cost to you. Warranty coverage is limited. Please inquire. House warranty Expires May 31, 2023. Exclusion: The Auto-Reverse function is not covered.
Shipping: I will ship the Cassette Deck to most places in the world. For the best shipping rates, please send me an email after you have left the deck (and/or plus tapes) in the "cart". Combined shipping with your choice of blank cassette tapes (if any) is offered in order to keep shipping costs lower.
Note: Contrary to what the listing shows at the top of the page, if you are from Canada, taxes will have to be added.